Shiny Burrowing Scorpions question

spider408

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone

I'm new and I have a friend from the U. K who going to send me a Shiny Burrowing Scorpions. I never raise this type before, are they hard to keep? Also I never got scorpions from over sea is there going to be a problem with my friend shipping here to the U. S

Thanks Gerry

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Common names are pretty useless, dont even no where to begin wihtout a scientific name.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What country do you live in? People would need more info to answer your questions. Sounds suspicious to me:confused: .

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
No idea on the care etc. due to ambiguity of the common name, but you should contact the US Fish and Wildlife Service regarding importation. There will be some hoops to jump through to recieve a shipment from the UK.

Cheers,
Dave

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shiny burrowing scorpion might be Opistopthalmus glabrifrons ... incase anyone was wondering

spider408

Arachnopeon
I live in San Jose, Cal and the scientific name opistophtalus glabrifron. As far as raising Scorpions I only keep Emperor Scorpions.

Uroctonus

Arachnopeon
As mentioned above, in order to get accurate info on caring for them, it's best to have the latin name. If it does turn out to be Opistophthalmus glabifrons then its going to want to burrow which means giving it enough substrate to do that, the temperature should be about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, the humidity should be kept rather low, like all scorpions give it a water dish. Feed it crickets or mealworms. I think O. glabifrons likes to be kept on kind of sandy substrate, but I could be wrong.