She's Here!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My son is going to be so happy when he comes home from school. Maybe I will trick him when he comes home and tell him to go clean his room..then he can stomp in there complaining and grumbling and when he walks in there, there she is!
(she being a Brazilian Black...wait, let me do it right,:grammostola pulchra). Took her all of two seconds to notice I had dropped a cricket in there...and WHAM!
Thanks again, Bryan!

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Whooo, congrats! Bet he will be very happy with his Black spidey!

Ðennis

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brilliant,He will be well pleased.
Chid

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Cool, let us know how it went w/your son.....and what your bf thinks too ! :D Thats AWSOME ! Im happy for you both ! :D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
he loves her!

He is really excited and has been quoting me all sorts of things from his tarantula book..."Hey mom, did you know that a Mexican redleg kicks her HAIRS at you?" etc. etc. He thinks his is perfect.We made a good choice. I totally grossed him out when I explained just HOW she was eating that cricket though:}

My b/f..HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Last night when we were falling asleep..he asked "Did something just crawl between us?" And I mumbled..'the kitten'...He said "Its probably that **@# tarantula"...sooooo, I don't know if he stayed up allnight or not, I didnt. ;P

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: he loves her!

Originally posted by rapunzel
He is really excited and has been quoting me all sorts of things from his tarantula book..."Hey mom, did you know that a Mexican redleg kicks her HAIRS at you?" etc. etc. He thinks his is perfect.We made a good choice. I totally grossed him out when I explained just HOW she was eating that cricket though:}

My b/f..HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Last night when we were falling asleep..he asked "Did something just crawl between us?" And I mumbled..'the kitten'...He said "Its probably that **@# tarantula"...sooooo, I don't know if he stayed up allnight or not, I didnt. ;P
FYI, the pulchra also has urticating hairs although I must admit out of the 7 pulchras I have I have never seen them kick hairs. I have seen them raise their abdomens up at you plenty of times and a juv 5" male will do a threat display every time I open the top of his Kritter Keeper.
Ed

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
My b/f..HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Last night when we were falling asleep..he asked "Did something just crawl between us?" And I mumbled..'the kitten'...He said "Its probably that **@# tarantula"...sooooo, I don't know if he stayed up allnight or not, I didnt.
Now that's funny!!! :D

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dammit, if only my mom would go out and get me a G. Pulchra! :p

And if only my very first T was one.

Don't get me wrong, I love my G. rosea, but a G. Pulchra would be awesome.