Sexing from underside?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Re: She finally cooperated

Originally posted by Lost_Tarantula
Woman: Any of them professional?
(What the hell? Sixteen years of experience isn't enough for you? Just to make sure...)
Me: Define professional.
Woman: Has a degree.
Me: No. ( I am convinced that their expert, James, has a degree in herps, not T's)
Actually, I do have my degree in biology, molecular biology to be sure, but you could always try that angle. I'd be willing to bet their James doesn't have a degree in anything because unless he's as unlucky as I was when I first got out of school, he wouldn't be working at Petco.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Not to mention two doctorates of Arachnology james breen and rick west who have confirmed these methods.

-V

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
YES!

Well, because of the previous posts, I have been able to identify my genic as a female. I am posting a picture. Please let me know if you confirm or disagree.

Thanks
Big Dragonfly

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
Not to mention two doctorates of Arachnology james breen and rick west who have confirmed these methods.

-V
It's Robert Breene (unless you're thinking of someone else other than the ATS's own nadkicker ;))

Anyone who would dispute this as a reliable method of sexing is so full of crap that they need an emergency enema and fast. That stupid manager just didnn't want to accept a return and tried the old-fashioned "let's make something up on the spot policy". I worked in retail for years, we'd quote laws and policies that didn't exist just to get rid of someone who was being difficult if we didn't feel like satisfying the customer. She disputed the method and referred the customer to a non-existent site.

"What do you mean the site doesn't exist, oh well, that's where we got our sexing info from and they're "professionals".

As if there's such a thing as a professional arachnid expert within reach of your average human. These web forums are as close as your average schmoe can get to a professional.

@L_T: whatever came of your in-store visit? More B.S. or did they let you return/exchange it?

Lost_Tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was busy this weekend, but I think I make it in on Thursday. If not, the guarantee still covers this weekend, so I'm not in a huge rush. I'll let you know what happens. I'm expecting more BS. I plan on going straight to James. If I can convince him, the manager will follow accordingly. I hope. If not, I have a male B. smithi, oh well. Maybe I'll have to breed it and sell Petco the males as females. Apparently it's been done. :rolleyes:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh! I guess I forgot to post the picture:

Definately a female, right?

Big Dragonfly

Last edited: