Sexing ~1yr ~6" L. Parahybana, what to look for ? Hilfe, hilfe :7

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
As you say steve. But anterior and ventral are indeed synonymous in bipeds and that is where my knowledge is focused. Thanks for the corrections ;)

-V
Hi V S,
Ahh, I see. Interesting how it's different in the arachnid terminology. Here's another example from Dr Breene's (sb)pronunciation in arachnology: anterodorsal- in the front and at the top or upperside. anteroventral- in the front and underneath or on the lower side.

Cheers,
Steve

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Steve,

Where would Superior/Inferior apply? I am also wondering about Proximal and Distal in regards to the limbs.

-V

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if it works the same

as it does in four legged animals...proximal is closest to the abdomen, and distal is furthest from the abdomen.
I was taught superior/inferior as being "upperhalf..or toward the head..and inferior as being the lower half of the body ie; superior/inferior vena cava.....but I dont know how it would work
on a T...

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since this horse got back, but was led slightly astray ;) , I might as well ask :
How long before a molt does Parahybanas normally start eating, when they're arounda year or so old ?
When do they get their adult colours? When they molt to adults ? :)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
Steve,

Where would Superior/Inferior apply? I am also wondering about Proximal and Distal in regards to the limbs.

-V
-V
As stated before distal is "furthest from" and proximal is "closest to", although I hear "basal" used more often, in place of proximal. In arachnology, I don't believe superior/inferior apply,although I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Steve