sex???

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Any ideas guys/gals? Sorry, but he/she is too little to get a better shot with the camera I have.

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
another...

I'd appreciate any guesses here! This is my first try, but I am thinking male....there's a teeny tiny dark spot there....

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would guess male from that picture.
Did you say what kind of T that is?
Is its hide made out of foam?

Ernie

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks like a boy to me, very straight line across the abdomen with the book lungs and no sign of sclerotisation of the genital opening.

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the input, guys...I had guessed a boy, myself, but I have NO experience sexing tarantulas.

It's a 3 1/2" brazilian black.

The hide in the cage is made of plastic - it's actually the little decoration that came with the tank when I originally bought it for my betta.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Looks like a boy to me, very straight line across the abdomen with the book lungs and no sign of sclerotisation of the genital opening.
Good points. Just to add to that, there looks to be epiandrous fusillae visible too (dark patch to the anterior of the genital opening), another sign that it's a male.

Steve

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I would have guessed male as well, I'm starting to trust my instincts and training (finally!) when trying to sex my smaller ones.
Every one of them that I've thought 'I BET that's a male', has been, so surprisingly enough, I just might know what to look for now!

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, at least brazilian blacks are slow growers, so I have some time to find him a girlfriend! ;)

-Faunya