Setup

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey, I am confused on how to make a perfect setup for my Guyana Pinktoe, any suggestions? pictures? Thanks,

James

P.S-mine is a 3" juvie

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Havent you had this spider for a long time now?

Before I had mine kept communally I just made sure there was lots of stuff to walk vertically on. Lots of hieght in the container is a must. Mine wanders lots so I put lots of dried branches into the container as well and this was used for webbing. A water dish is a must and lots of ventilation.

Once mine went communal it was the same except their cage is much larger.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey jacen

Originally posted by JacenBeers
Havent you had this spider for a long time now?

Before I had mine kept communally I just made sure there was lots of stuff to walk vertically on. Lots of hieght in the container is a must. Mine wanders lots so I put lots of dried branches into the container as well and this was used for webbing. A water dish is a must and lots of ventilation.

Once mine went communal it was the same except their cage is much larger.
yeah, just wanted to know how i can make it a better home, so are branches from outside ok? and should i flip the KK over on its side? how would that work? oh so confusing! HELP GUYS! THANKS,
James

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: hey jacen

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
yeah, just wanted to know how i can make it a better home, so are branches from outside ok? and should i flip the KK over on its side? how would that work? oh so confusing! HELP GUYS! THANKS,
James
James, I personally do not like to use any twigs, branches from outside, there might be mites, parasites and all kinds of "icky" things hiding in them, and your Ma might not be too happy if she catches you microwaving the twigs to kill any unwanted pests. check out the reptile section of your local petstore for fake resin and plastic branches and also craft stores may have a good selection of silk plants, and possibly fake branches.
Ed

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Re: hey jacen

Originally posted by atavuss
James, I personally do not like to use any twigs, branches from outside, there might be mites, parasites and all kinds of "icky" things hiding in them, and your Ma might not be too happy if she catches you microwaving the twigs to kill any unwanted pests. check out the reptile section of your local petstore for fake resin and plastic branches and also craft stores may have a good selection of silk plants, and possibly fake branches.
Ed
I have a branch that is from a plant, but the plant is inside, does that matter?

James