Selenotypus and Phlogius

Sammilouise

Arachnopeon
Hi all
I have three phlogius tarantulas (2x crassipes kuttabul and 1x black Presley) and I'm confident with their housing. Now I'm wanting to get a selenotypus, specifically the 'carbine', and I wanted to check how you keep them. I figure they are still going to be coco peat with a decent depth but will I give them sphagnum moss or just a water dish? They are arid and like it drier than the phlogius type.?

Thanks in advance

creepa

Arachnoknight
Most of us here outside roo-land have zero to none experience with them aussie species because there where only a limited number of species exported back in the days by Steve Nunn...

Sadly most of them died out here in Europe because no one is realy interested in the typical brown eight legged deathdealers...
I only have a female S. crasspies and a juvenile male for future breeding.

But if you know the area the Selenotypus is from you can make a good estimation on how to keep it...
You can check the weather patern for the whole year and based on that data you can make your conclusion.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Hi all
I have three phlogius tarantulas (2x crassipes kuttabul and 1x black Presley) and I'm confident with their housing. Now I'm wanting to get a selenotypus, specifically the 'carbine', and I wanted to check how you keep them. I figure they are still going to be coco peat with a decent depth but will I give them sphagnum moss or just a water dish? They are arid and like it drier than the phlogius type.?

Thanks in advance
Not sure if you are still looking for info, but in case you are I can help. I have a selenotypus sling (not sure which sp. though) and while I haven't had it long it has been thriving in its setup. I'm using a these roughly cube shaped Sistema brand containers. They have clips for the lid, are quite transparent, are easy to drill ventilation holes in, stack easy and the stickers don't leave any glue residue. I just filled one halfway up with Coco peat (brand is pro-gro, but sure others will be fine)that is slightly damp and it has been furiously burrowing and is eating fine. It has also molted twice in it no issues, but not sure if that's relevant info. here is a photo of the container.

Attachments