Seems I'm gonna have a little more space now

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Like the tittle says I'm getting rid of some of my more...um...boring inverts. Currently the 2 I'm getting rid of are and H.paucidens and a A.avi. So I'm thinking of getting a vinegaroon for sure another species of T and quite posible a centipede. What do you guys advise I get for my 1st and why? I'm not new to venom but I'm not looking to get something VERY hot.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
really? No suggestions for a first time pede keeper?

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You might want to try an S. polymorpha, S. morsitans or even an S. heros castaneiceps. The polymorpha and SHC's can have a pretty painful bite, but it's not anything subspinipes, (morsitans being very weak from what I've read) and they're nice looking as well. The first pede I purchased was an S. subspinipes. They've got pretty potent venom, but if you took the precautions, you already having experience with Scorps and the such, shouldn't run into too many issues.

Just have to make sure you treat the S. subspinipes with respect and don't go sticking your hands anywhere near the pedes mouth (or near the pede in general I'd say). These babies can move like greased lightening, and seem more then happy to bite before bark.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks I'll be looking into those species thanks.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not a problem. I'm sure you'll enjoy any of the species you decide to go with!