Second Tarantula Recommendations

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not to make your job of deciding more difficult or anything OP but with all the C.versi posts I just had to.

Jormandr

Arachnopeon
Not to make your job of deciding more difficult or anything OP but with all the C.versi posts I just had to.

The colors on Versacolors are absurd. Like the patterns in the coloring of the carapace are mesmerizing. I'm definitely putting them on my list. I'll likely try to pick up a Juvie to have something more established than my little sling. But definitely not helping the addiction :D.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Welcome to the boards, fellow Oklahoman! :D

I think everyone's given you a sufficient amount to decide on but I'd second any Brachypelma with their gorgeous oranges and the C. versicolor for its cute little pink clown getup. My B. hamorii has to be the most stunning of my group.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you want a OW arboreal, get some experience with a Psalmopoeus speicies or a Tapinauchenius speicies first. These tarantulas are generally much faster and feistier than other NW arboreals

And if you want an OW terrestrial down the line, get youself a Phormictopus cancerides or a Ephebopus murinus first. Once again, those tends to be more defenssive than other new worlds! E murinus is a fossorial speicies, a thing in common with many old world speicies

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If you want a OW arboreal, get some experience with a Psalmopoeus speicies or a Tapinauchenius speicies first. These tarantulas are generally much faster and feistier than other NW arboreals

And if you want an OW terrestrial down the line, get youself a Phormictopus cancerides or a Ephebopus murinus first. Once again, those tends to be more defenssive than other new worlds! E murinus is a fossorial speicies, a thing in common with many old world speicies
Not as a second spider/NW species.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, i was talking about a spider to get BEFORE getting the first OW spider! I was not talking about what speicies to get as a second tarantula!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
No, i was talking about a spider to get BEFORE getting the first OW spider! I was not talking about what speicies to get as a second tarantula!
Okay! I misread your post then! Sorry! Won't happen again! I promise!
:rofl:
You're still way too generous with your exclamation marks dude :rofl:
It's like you're shouting every post :D

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay! I misread your post then! Sorry! Won't happen again! I promise!
:rofl:
You're still way too generous with your exclamation marks dude :rofl:
It's like you're shouting every post :D
Aha, i will stop using them so much. I dont know why actually

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
A good second tarantula..hm.. it depends on the first tarantula you got. If its a G.pulchra or an A.avic for example you should go up by a little bit on the intermediate scale. Honestly I recommend something like a A.genaculeta or a N.tripepi