Sean

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
More than a month and a half ago, "Sean" listed a few Ts for sale. One was a L. striatus, which I wanted pretty badly. I talked to Sean about the T and he was very responsive. I asked if I could pay him in 3 days, on my payday. He agreed to that and as discussed, I paid him in 9/4/08. He thanked me for the payment and said he would ship on Monday. 9/8.

On Tuesday, I had not received the T. I sent him a message and he told me that he had been in the hospital and was unable to ship. I told him that it wasn't a problem, he had waited on me, so I would wait on him. He apologized and promised to ship the following Monday, 9/15/08.

That was the last I heard from Sean. He has not logged in to AB since 9/16, according to his profile, though I guess he could have gone stealth. I have not gotten my T, and I opened a dispute through paypal 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, having still gotten NO RESPONSE, I have upgraded my dispute to a claim.

I doubt I'll get my money OR my T. I'm bummed. This has been my first bad experience with a seller.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is this the same Sean of Old World Spiders? If so, good luck as Sean of Old World Spiders still owes myself and some friends well over a grand on a large order we placed with him almost or a little over a year ago now. I'm not holding my breathe...

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Several people have asked me that. This person is only known as "Sean" on AB. That is his screen name. He has never used Old World Spiders in any of his ads, paypal, or in any correspondence.

There are a lot of people named Sean, this is the only guy whose name on AB is "Sean".

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dear Katherine,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Sean W.
Seller's Email: iknowurgames@hotmail.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 3P52734902980860V

Transaction Date: Sep 4, 2008
Transaction Amount: -$60.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 1R773641KS079530G
Case Number: PP-557-534-721

Buyer's Transaction ID: 1R773641KS079530G

What to Do Next

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

tarantulaholic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had some issue before on ebay where seller never sent me items, worth over $350. Tried ebay, paypal etc.. no help, after over 3 months. Finally I went reported the fraud to Internet Fraud Services (associated with FBI) and its free. About a week later, the selller sent me items, and a box extra and apologized for the delay (whatever, excuses). About a few days later IFS called me, and made sure I got contacted by seller and got my money back or items in dispute.

Goodluck.

Last edited: