scrofa stuck in exuvium

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Whilst I was feeding and watering/misting everyone, I noticed that Baby, my sling scrofa was lying on a web mat, on her back. Immediately, I thought molt. However, her legs look shriveled, so I guessed at insufficient moisture. I immediately grabbed the mister, and gently misted the entire enclosure. Its amazing how attached you get to them, when you raise them from a microscopic speck, and then you are faced with the everyday emotional shock of it may die.

I'll be saying a special prayer for Baby at Yule services tonight..

Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
update on Baby

Hi all,
Whilst I was in the shower, Baby went into molt. I got out, and she was lying on her side, with most of her out, save the lower half of her legs..

Peace,
Gillian

watch_the_fangs

Arachnopeon
I have read that you can brush glycerin or warm soapy water on legs that are stuck. I have never had that problem so I can't tell you that it really works. Be extra careful not to get it around the book lungs. Good Luck and Keep us Posted.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
she made it

Hi all,
I just got home. She made it, and looks fine. She is sitting upright, with her legs sort of teepee'ed up, like cover ing the area where her eyes are. I'll check her again before bed. There's no telling how long she was laying there, struggling to get out of the molt.

Peace,
Gillian