Scratch my belly... S'ling...

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was checking on my Curlyhair s'ling last night and i saw her like sideways with her belly up, not totally upside down but half way, and she was like rubbing the bottom of her abdomen, like "yummmmy that food was good" only... she didn't eat, haha but thats what she was doing just rubbing it, and then doing that to the other side of her abdomen, and she did this for a while until i went to get a picture and she stoped and ran into her burrow! If she does it again i have to get a picutre, its weird. Anyone ever see this happen before? Why would she be doing this?
Mike:? :? :? :confused: :confused:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Uh, might she have been grooming herself? My Ts rub thier tummies sometimes, when they are grooming.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats possible, but she's naked she has nothing to groom shes a little s'ling, but maybe she had an itch? I'm not sure but she's O.K. I was just woundering, it looked goofy and i never seen it before, maybe she was groooming!
<---- thats her, as my atvar thingger.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Shes naked ? You mean no hair ? I dont think that would matter. Has she eating recently ? Ive seen spiders groom themselves alot (non Ts), and these are spiders that could be considered naked compared to a T right? I have noticed when my Ts go to clean their belly, they usually do have to raise themselves up a bit. They get their back foot wet with spider spit and clean. Its quite cute. :D Maybe they get itchy, I dont know. It would sure be cool to be a T for a day. :)

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Most likely ready to molt

Mike-

I found my B. smithi sling on its side a couple of nights ago. When I investigated, it was waving its legs at me and I noticed the break in its abdomen, so I held a piece of paper over it and misted the deli cup. It molted completely in 2 hours. Kick up humidity and leave the T alone.

Peace

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 15mm sling and even that cleans itself :) They all do it! I'd agree that yours was probably ready to moult though as I've never seen any of mine upsidown/sideways unless they're about to shed.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Probably just a bath:)
T's look like little kittens when they wash, there's just more feet!LOL!:D

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would be great if it was a molt, The next molt will happen this month most likely, but that was last night and now she is just walking around, and hiding in her burrow, so i am not sure if it is a molt coming up, possbily, that would be nice. But scince it's now 18 hours later, i think she was just cleaning, or scratching if thats possbile, who knows, shes healthy though. :) I HOPE FOR A MOLT THOUGH! She's starting to get big!
Mike

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I have 5 curly babes, from 3/4" to 1 1/4". They ALL do that alot. All the time. They're very animated... cute personalities. When they're all fuzzy, and you accidentally scare them, they flick their little legs about 100 miles an hour trying to get you! It's funny looking. Mine always seem to be rubbing their opisthomas with their rear legs, like you say, almost saying mmmmm, good cricket. But then mine eat four small crix a day... it could be gas!!!