Scorpions in TN?

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Matt,

Just to let you know, I know most people won't know where I am talking about, but there are reports of V. carolinianus in Stanly COunty. My Grandma has land out there, and when I get a chance, I will most likely check it out. I am going to be working on a research project with different locales of V. carolinianus. So this goes to anyone, if you can get some please let me know. With locality data as well.

Brandon

enjoier14

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude...you should let me know when you're going, so I can go as well.
Unless you'd prefer to go by yourself.

I'd love to get my hands on this species. I go looking all the time around my place, but with no luck.:( Today, I just found a centipede. It was only one of those little feathery looking ones.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brandon, i would love to get up with ya on a hunt for them

anyone at all who can get these i will buy

michelle23

Arachnopeon
In a few months

Who here from TN goes scorpion hunting? Where can I find them? I believe we have 2 species here, one's native, another that was introduced on accident.

In a few months when it warms up a bit, by basement will be crawling with these little scorpions:(

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I found one where I live, Athens Alabama, and it had the oddest death. I kept it in an air tight container for about three days. Remember the key is AIR TIGHT. On the third dary he died and there was a fly in the container. I was like.... what the crap? The bottom of the scorp was OPEN!
Hmmm.....Strange?!?!?