Scorpion Videos

Lewis Catlin

Arachnopeon
I admit that video I put up is absolutely horrible in every way... I found it on youtube and this particular one stood out due to the fact the scorpion actually managed to latch on to the mouse like that. I didn't even know they were capable of taking down a healthy, adult mouse! It seems these large species of scorpion are able to do so (being opportunistic hunters - sit and wait for prey to come along. I guess the mouse fit that criteria). Some scorpions seem braver than others... or maybe this one was just hungry :eek::drunk:

The commentary on this video is beyond bad... these people don't deserve pets of any kind :mad::punch:
Indeed if your going to even do that anyway (which I’m sure the majority think isn’t the best thing to do) have a bit of respect for what you are doing.

RobbieJD

Arachnopeon
This
more videos....

Mesobuthus Tamulus first meal in 5th instar

Mesobuthus Martenssi with 1-2days old babies on her back feeding on newly moulted mealworm

This is a great video. Thank you for putting it on. I was just wondering what you do with the babies. Thanks again.

Ferrachi

Arachnosquire
Here's a video of my little LQ taking down a cricket the same size.

You can select the video quality... sorry if the video is a bit long

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnobaron
What a beautiful scorpion !
Yeah, these north African Buthus are really, really nice looking. This one is from Morocco which has 15 described species of Buthus. This is most of any country by quite a large margin which includes the largest, B.atlantis and the only single uniform black species of Buthus too, B.maroccanus. This won't be the last Buthus I purchase.

Ferrachi

Arachnosquire
Yeah, these north African Buthus are really, really nice looking. This one is from Morocco which has 15 described species of Buthus. This is most of any country by quite a large margin which includes the largest, B.atlantis and the only single uniform black species of Buthus too, B.maroccanus. This won't be the last Buthus I purchase.
I don't have any Buthus yet... such a long "to get" list I have. LOL