Scorpion Picture Thread

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
68ACB4B2-DD39-45AD-9B46-7682286B5E5E.jpeg
nothing better than a little Androctonus scorpling.

Looking to exapand my Buthidae collection.
Saw a lot in the wild during my visit to Egypt, if anyone knows of any nice species from there it would be great !

JenVegas

Arachnosquire
So I've been an accidental scorpion owner (C. Sculpturatus) for all of 4 days and already I totally love them. We got our first female the other day when I rescued her from a cat, and my daughter fell in love with her and named her Pineapple and begged us to let her keep it as an early birthday present (she turns 9 on Wednesday).

And it turns out, these things are awesome when they're not actively making life miserable.

I went out the next night and caught 2 more, a male and another female. My daughter named the male Benjamin and I named the female Angry Girl, because she was so feisty and pissed off when I caught her.

I love all three of them and I want a hundred more. Why did no one ever tell me these things are so cute?

Tiny little pokey ouch puppies. They're freaking precious.

Like, look at Angry Girl licking the end of her claw, all delicate and gentle. I didn't know they do that, and it's literally the most adorable thing.

20200810_115000.jpg

And did you know they'll carry their food on their backs?

20200807_230224.jpg

I freaked out when I first saw it, I thought the cricket was still alive and was chewing on Pineapple (who is smaller than Angry Girl). I threw open the tank and grabbed my tongs and snatched it away, but she was very reluctant to let it go, and I realized she was actually holding it in her mouth. A few seconds later, Angry Girl emerged from her hiding spot, carrying her cricket in literally the exact same way.

I had no idea they do this and it's so freaking cute.

And Benjamin is definitely lighter and faster than the girls, so he's harder to get a decent picture of, but he does have a specific tank decoration he really likes, and I was able to catch him in a rare moment of rest. His pincers look so big compared to the rest of his body. The proportions of his tail and pincers to his body make him look like a little kid wearing his dad's shoes and baseball cap.

20200810_122157.jpg

And look at the girls just chilling out, cuddled up together. How can they be this cute?

20200809_031544.jpg

I mean, just look at that face! Look at it!

20200810_114909.jpg

I can't believe I went more than 30 years of my life, living in Las Vegas, dealing with these things, never knowing just how precious and adorable they are.

My cute little love bugs. I freaking love them.

Last edited:

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
So I've been an accidental scorpion owner (C. Sculpturatus) for all of 4 days and already I totally love them. We got our first female the other day when I rescued her from a cat, and my daughter fell in love with her and named her Pineapple and begged us to let her keep it as an early birthday present (she turns 9 on Wednesday).

And it turns out, these things are awesome when they're not actively making life miserable.

I went out the next night and caught 2 more, a male and another female. My daughter named the male Benjamin and I named the female Angry Girl, because she was so feisty and pissed off when I caught her.

I love all three of them and I want a hundred more. Why did no one ever tell me these things are so cute?

Tiny little pokey ouch puppies. They're freaking precious.

Like, look at Angry Girl licking the end of her claw, all delicate and gentle. I didn't know they do that, and it's literally the most adorable thing.

View attachment 355949

And did you know they'll carry their food on their backs?

View attachment 355951

I freaked out when I first saw it, I thought the cricket was still alive and was chewing on Pineapple (who is smaller than Angry Girl). I threw open the tank and grabbed my tongs and snatched it away, but she was very reluctant to let it go, and I realized she was actually holding it in her mouth. A few seconds later, Angry Girl emerged from her hiding spot, carrying her cricket in literally the exact same way.

I had no idea they do this and it's so freaking cute.

And Benjamin is definitely lighter and faster than the girls, so he's harder to get a decent picture of, but he does have a specific tank decoration he really likes, and I was able to catch him in a rare moment of rest. His pincers look so big compared to the rest of his body. The proportions of his tail and pincers to his body make him look like a little kid wearing his dad's shoes and baseball cap.

View attachment 355954

And look at the girls just chilling out, cuddled up together. How can they be this cute?

View attachment 355956

I mean, just look at that face! Look at it!

View attachment 355955

I can't believe I went more than 30 years of my life, living in Las Vegas, dealing with these things, never knowing just how precious and adorable they are.

My cute little love bugs. I freaking love them.
It's true, it's like tattoos... once you get one, you get more and can't stop ! :rofl: