Scorpion Picture Thread

jadake

Arachnopeon
Super jealous! I'm watching for G. Swammerdami to come available anywhere I can. I'll be a first-time owner when they show up!

My second largest Gigantometrus swammerdami female finally gave birth to over 30 young! First time mom, almost exactly 1 year from pairing to giving birth. Not bad!

jadake

Arachnopeon
Just got my first scorpions! Three P. Imperators in here. A few pictures of the enclosure and one of the best I could of them (just the tip)... turns out they all want to dogpile under the same piece of bark.

I'm not sure about the heat though. The best I could do with the heat mat is get it to 83 or 84F (the probe suction cup doesn't stick immediately to the glass), but the three plant lights on top probably help add some heat. So far, I've been trying to get it up to about 90F during the day, and 78F at night.

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Just got my first scorpions! Three P. Imperators in here. A few pictures of the enclosure and one of the best I could of them (just the tip)... turns out they all want to dogpile under the same piece of bark.

I'm not sure about the heat though. The best I could do with the heat mat is get it to 83 or 84F (the probe suction cup doesn't stick immediately to the glass), but the three plant lights on top probably help add some heat. So far, I've been trying to get it up to about 90F during the day, and 78F at night.

This species is perfect in 75F-85F temps.

jadake

Arachnopeon
This species is perfect in 75F-85F temps.
Thanks! I can get it staying steady in that range. I don't know where I read that it should be 95F during the day, but I may have mistaken that for another species in my over-research in preparation. I'll plan on dropping to 75F during the night, and 84F during the day. Not entirely sure what the ambient temp will feel like in our house this winter (I'm in MN and we just moved into a house with in-floor heat), but I'll be sure to monitor the humidity and temp closely for my first go-round.