Scorpion Missing

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my little guy is missing the new one I got. I seriously don't think he got out. I've practically sieved the substrate he was in as well. Is it poss he oculd have died and basically crumbled up?

QUICK REPLY WOULD HELP ALOT

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no, if he were dead you would have noticed the smell..

is there anyway he could have gotten out? ventilation holes, etc?

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What are the chances that he is still alive in my home ?

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
don't hate scorpions just cause of one escapee.. if it did escape at all.

os there anyway it could have gotten out when you were seiving the substrate? look all around the immediate area of the container, especially warm places..

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been looking under everything near the enclosure. I haven't seen him for days so for all I know this could of happened AGES ago. Well about a week or so.

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've got kids running around here on weekends. This aint good. Is this species known to be harmful to children? 3 and younger. What about my cats and the dog?

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no, this species in not medically significant and I would doubt it would have strong enough venom to cause alot of pain.

perhaps the cat ate it, it seems they get a little to curious around T's and scorpions. just keep an eye out for it... your best bet is to get a black light and go looking for it.

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've gone looking with my blacklight. I'm hoping the cats of dog got it...don't mean to sound rude but my family wont appreciate it in their beds or anything lol.

BelfastScorpion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Make sure you check every part of your tank and all the ornaments aswell.

I once had a very small Ceraboctonus keyseringi. One night I couldn't find it, and I checked through all the substrate and everywere else but couldn't find it anywere. I panicked. Then I noticed that it had managed to sqeeze itself into the smallest crack in my cork bark. It had been in the tank all along. I was holding the bark aswell. I could have very easily been stung.

I was so glad to find it as you can imagine. So make sure you check every nuke and cranny.

BelfastScorpion.

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've sieved the substrate now as well. He only had half a plant pot as a hide. Thats pretty much it. I wanted to keep it simple. About a week ago I saw him and fed him. Haven't seen him since then. All I can think of is when I chucked a mealworm in I didn't shut it properly. (Yes the mealworm was still alive yesterday so that's another sign he went missing a lil while back).

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just so I don't have a similar problem, what kind of enclosure did he have? what could have climbed up to get out?

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
tryme, I have scorps in my house during the spring and summer months. I just catch them and add them to my collection {D

David

tryme

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man you lot must live on farms or something lmao. I live in London. The "city" it's so non-rural around if you know what I mean?

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just have a house in the desert where my backyard is part of the desert. A good place to be for many species. I used to live in the city at one time, so I know what you are talking about. This place is heaven.

David

SCORPIONNOOB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man you lot must live on farms or something lmao. I live in London. The "city" it's so non-rural around if you know what I mean?
Yes Iowa does have a ton of farms, but Im just outside of town haha. I wish I lived somewhere where there was deserts! All we have is a sand dune in a little town called eddyville.... Nothing but lizards and snakes there... NO SCORPS!!:(

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I missed the part where the species was mentioned, I just read my little guy escaped.