scorpion lady

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
have you guys seen the story about the lady in Malaysia that spent 32 days with over 3,000 scorpions?
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
another picture of her.....someone posted a link to the entire story, pics and a short video clip on petbugs' forum.
Ed

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Ed,

Kugellager posted a link to a news piece about her in the Watering Hole a while back. I just wish I could get my hands on 3,000 scorpions. Maybe I should seek sponsorship. I'll do the exact same stunt on the condition I can keep the scorps.

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you had that many Dave just think of the money it would cost to feed and house them. You know a real stunt would of been to get in a tank with 3000 black fat tails:)

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I think you'd have to take a slightly hands-off approach. Take a large room. Turn it into a rainforest. Order 100,000 crickets and hope they form a self-sustaining population. ;) Yes, initial setup costs would be high, but maintenance wouldn't be that bad. Plus, you could always sell a few off + a few offspring off etc.

Now, as for the fat-tails, that would be quite the stunt. I believe that woman did get stung on several occasions during her little stunt. With A.bicolor it would be a slightly more severe situation. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
. I believe that woman did get stung on several occasions during her little stunt. With A.bicolor it would be a slightly more severe situation. ;)

Cheers,
Dave
You know it's only an issue if your the scorpion lady.:) Just think no one would be willing to break the dead scorpion ladies record.:)

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know anything about scorps, but is that woman holding the animals in the right manner? (for not being stung probably yes, but for the scorpion's sake?)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Joost,

Well, she is "tailing" the scorpions. It isn't recommended unless you have to, but there shouldn't be any problem unless it is one of the species with incredibly fragile metasomas. Personaly, I prefer the hands-off approach and don't tail unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,
Dave