Scorpion ID

ScorpyDude

Arachnopeon
Hello folks, it has been a while.

2 weeks ago a friend of my son was in Colorado. I saw her in a picture in a desert like area on Facebook and joking ask her to find a scorpion around and bring it to me. She did actually came with a gift for me but most likely from a pet store.

This fella is like 2.5'' long and it is quite temperamental and confrontational. My office lighting is a mix of daylight and cool white [for the moment] fluorescent lighting tubes. The body color is more like a coffee bean brown.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It appears to be Asian forest. Heterometrus Species. Which one to be exact not sure. I could be wrong. Have more pics?

ScorpyDude

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your reply Drew. Here is another picture taken under daylight studio lighting. I own an Asian Forest which has grown quite big ;)

Attachments

ScorpyDude

Arachnopeon
Good point amigo. One thing I noticed is that I spilled some water and seems like s/he prefers to be on the moist area.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Collin is EXPERT on Asian forest types but it may not be one. Grom and unice also super well rounded with scorps. One of them or someone else will pin point it