Old Timer
Man thats nice Raan Jodus! I just can't wait till I get my new scorpions! ;P
I post pictures then, I just have to find out how! :8o

Cheers Peter

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanx,
What started that whole tank was the driftwood I found. It was so perfect, well it was like 3 feet long to start, but i only wanted that end that was hollow. I cut it down, and kept it till I had something to put it in. My 5 gallon was too small, and my 10 gallon was already set up nicely. All it would really work in was a Hex tank, so...next time i was at the aquarium store, i bought a new hex tank like the lil consumer whore that i am :)

I put it in the microwave for a few minutes, just in case, as I did with the pieces of bark i glued to the walls.

Highlander

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should put him in a glass tank and silicone some flat rocks to the back.That would look really cool :cool:

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dotdman, don't you have lid on your androctonus tanks?

Keith

Arachnopeon
Hadrurus Arizonensis Setup

Picture 1) This is the back of the aquarium. The wiring from left to right is as follows...
Thermostat wires, Silicone water line, ballast to lamp wires, and the ceramic heater element wires.

Picture 2) To the left is a 60w ceramic heating element. In the middle is a basic hygrometer. To the right is a digital programable thermostat. The thermostat keeps the right side of the aquarium at 88f during the day and 83f during night(automaticaly changes temperature for day or night).

Picture 3) Undertank cabinet. The tan colored substance is wood filler(I am in the proccess of refinishing the cabinet). The cabinet locks to prevent anyone from tampering with the electronics or water.

Picture 4) Inside the under tank cabinet with the reservoir and electrical box closed. The top box houses the electronics. The lower box houses the reservoir and water pump.

Picture 5) Reservoir and electrical box opened.

Attachments

Keith

Arachnopeon
Hadrurus Arizonensis Setup(Cont.)

Picture 1) Reservoir and water pump. Not visible is the flow adjuster valve.

Picture 2) Electrical box. At the top is the 2 X f15t8 magnetic ballast that I use to power the hood lamps. At the bottom right are two digital timers. The timer on the left automaticaly turns the lamps on at sunset and turns them off at sunrise(different activation times everyday, as it automaticaly calculates for exact sunrise/sunset times. It also automaticaly switches to daylight savings time). The timer on the right turns on the water pump for one minute at 1:00 AM every wednesday. This automaticaly fills the scorpion's water dish once a week with no possibility of me forgeting. The reservoir holds a year supply of water. In the middle left is a 120v to 24v inductive transformer, which I use to power the thermostat/relay circuit. In the middle right is the 24v relay, which takes a signal from the thermostat and powers the ceramic heating element.

Attachments

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And I have my scorpions in glass virvariums (name?) with as simple lamp!

Lamp
Peter

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The cheap munkey's setup...

The wife bought me a beautiful 4 1/4 inch male Emp for my birthday (even though she can't look at 'em w/out freakin out, whata lady!). I got 'em in a 10 gal tank, glass top, nuke-ra-waved dirt from our yard, with a heating mat under one side of the tank. I KNOW... I KNOW... you're supposed to put the mat on the side, but the girl at the pet store said she kept Emps, and told me to mount it on the bottom. Dumb me... :? I used the turned the plastic container he came in, into a hiding spot on the cold side. I placed a simulated rock (which he prefers) on the warm side. Originally I had a decorative imitation tree (his favorite) in his tank, but it was difficult getting him out of it when someone wanted to see him, so now he's stuck with his imitation rock. All in all, my scorp tank cost me about 38$. 15$ for Ares (my Emp), 3$ for the watering dish, 5$ for the rock and 15$ for the heating mat. Someone next door was throwing the tank away since it had a small 1 inch crack near the top. I'll be upgrading once taxes get here. Hehehe

My Scorp

Mouse Munchin...

The Tank

Cheap but effective...

ArNT1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm... There is a <Scorpion Enclosure> sticky + the pics does not work...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Would it be okay to put some live plants on an emp. habitat. Right now all it is moist woodchips but on planing on putting a gravel floor, with whichever soil you guys recomend (please:eek: ) on a 1/4 inch of the same wood chips and some live plants. All on a 10 gallon tank

P.S would having plants effect the humidity right now Im spraying it 3-5 times a day would I have to spray more or less......or what do u guys recomend I do i'll be willing to buy anything you guys recomend cuz right now i have nothing

PPS. instead of soil would that dried out dirt stuff that you put in the water to expand work cuz i have some of that for my frog.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
eco-earth or bed-a-beast would work fine for any arachnid, but its expensive.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the tip but i gotta buy it for my frog any way so i'll use that instead.....umm right now i got nothig but soft woodchip substrate on i finally got some pics in i'll post them up now

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow Ive come a long!!!

Wow Ive come a long sice those first weeks ( and its only been a month). I dont see my scorp any more but hopefully you guys like this new habitat.{D