Scorpion Enclosure Setups

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
not to be a killjoy, but MM typically need things to climb on, i dont see any in the enclosure.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scorpion Enclosure Setups 2

look, i'm sure we are all tired of scrolling through 13 pages of the previous thread to find what we want, so let's just start a new thread for them, here.

John "Pandinus"

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pandinus said:
not to be a killjoy, but MM typically need things to climb on, i dont see any in the enclosure.
Are you sure ???? Mesobuthus Martensii are burrower and not climber from what i've read in Rubio's book. I've never kept them myself so maybe your right...

xav

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have 2, they do not burrow sometimes they make scrapes, but climb often, and actually are NOT very active despite all that i read.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pandinus said:
i have 2, they do not burrow sometimes they make scrapes, but climb often, and actually are NOT very active despite all that i read.
I've never seen them climbing anything. They allways stay hidden under things. Plus, I've never heard sth like that either.
I don't think it's as close to their natural invironment as it can get, but it should be ok.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
probably fine.
BTW, in the interest of not scrolling through 13 pages, i have posted a continuation of this thread entitle Scorpion Enclosure Setups 2, starting to post enclosures there instead of here would be much appreciated. :D

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Or maybe delete outright seeing as no one has posted any pictures in it.

biznacho

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pandinus said:
well, i tried. it was a good idea, and i stand by it.
I was going to post my emp set-up in it but i couldent upload the picture. Nor did searching help me. :?

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pandinus said:
look, i'm sure we are all tired of scrolling through 13 pages of the previous thread to find what we want, so let's just start a new thread for them, here...
I'll bite. :) The following three pics are of my Leirus quin setup at the moment. It's a 29 gallon tank that housed a ginormous Tokay gecko a couple of years ago. As a note, all of these pics were taken prior to the scorpions arriving, the sand in the tank has a lot of handprints in it as it hadn't dried out enough for me to brush over it when the pic was taken.

Kindest,

Kevin P.

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And onwards to my setups for my Androctonus amoreuxi (first pic) and my Androctonus australis (last two pics)...

Another note, the soil mixes are roughly 60-70% sand to 30-40% topsoil/peat moss. Temperatures range from daytime maximums of right at 90 degrees and night time minimums of 75 degrees. Humidity is the same as that for my room, roughly 50 percent.

I'll post pics of my scorpions as soon as I get a chance to take some good ones. But at the moment, work calls!

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, i like the color of the sand. Are you going to try to put 2 leirus in it??? 29 gal is a lot for 1 scorpion...

xav

dotdman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just one for the moment, and it's a monster of a tank. I like the sand color as well. It's just plain play sand, but unlike the majority of it I find around here it's white and not colored piss yellow.

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice, I really like the fourth photo, it seems as though "play sand" varies greatly depending on where/when you buy the sand.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well....finally got these resized.

Pics of my finished 5gal hex tank. I like this one the most of the ones i made i think. Hopefully I'll be putting some Centuroides of some kind in here come September.

I need to make a lid for it tho first I suppose. Substrate is 60/50 (about there) Peat/Soil mix. about an inch and a half or so pea gravel underneath. Beauty piece of drift wood i found on a beach. Bark from a , well, some kind of decidous tree (could be maple, i didnt really look) hot glued to the back 2 panels, and a flat rock as well. Fake plant draping over a store bought wood hide (placed on end for vertical space) and lastly, another flat rock makes a third small hiding place resting on the driftwood.

Cant wait till its filled. My friend even has a nice wood pillar i was gonna grab off him to put it on.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
In an attempt to address the issues brought up by John and others, I have created TOPIC threads. They are posted at the top of this forum. Only time will tell whether they sink or swim.

Cheers,
Dave

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pictures are not the greatest quality but are all 10 gallons.
They are for
Hadogenes troglodytes
Hadrurus arizonensis
Smeringurus mesaensis

Mike