Scorpion carrying cricket in mouth?

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
My Asian forest scorpion blackie has decided to carry the cricket he caught sideways around in his mouth for most of the morning without eating or chewing at all, is this normal? Anyone else experienced this? Normally he only goes for the kill when his hungry and ready to eat and will pretty much ignore them otherwise ?

Thanks in advance for replys

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Totally normal, he'll eat it whenever he wants lol. Maybe when he gets back to his hiding place or something.
Again, nothing to worry about imo

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
So turns out he was eating it sideways and taking his time with it lol. He isn't hungry he just eats for the sake of it sometimes I know when his hungry because he starts wondering around his tank in search of food and when he gets it he waffles in town like someone could take it off him

Last edited:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Lol normal behavior. My scorps usually do that when they want to eat in inside their hides and are looking for home. I ca sometimes take a good guess when the scorps are hungry. They will be actively walking around. Or sit right at the edge of hide with claws sticking up in the air

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I have had Diplocentrus be 2 fisted greedy eaters.One cricket being eaten and one on hand. Quite amusing.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
Haha I've seen mine grab the cricket and change his mind throwing the cricket to one side like his throwing a tantrum.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Yep i have alot of species that do this also but they seem to wear it like a hat as they parade around like its a fashion show lol

Stugy

Arachnolord
One of my 3 female Grosphus gradidieri running around with her food. Crazy lil' girls they are. :D iPhone AAA 406.JPG iPhone AAA 408.JPG