Scorpio Maurus Lifespan

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, just wondering how long the lifespan of Scorpio Maurus is. I've heard of it being shorter than most scorps, but what does this mean? They were a species I was thinking of getting but it isn't worth it if they only last a year or so. Thanks ~ Rex

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think its really short...something like a year or so..dont know for sure though

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know someone whos had one for 3 years. I think overall people struggle to get their habitat requirements right on the dot and thats part of the problem. People who keep them on a more moist setup usually have better luck with keeping them alive than people who keep them on a strick desert setup.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A year? That would mean it would.

Be birthed, mature, copulate, gestate and then partuate all in 12 months? Sounds a bit short to me.

I would however be more inclined to belive that they live a year after they mature, but even that sounds short for a member of this scorpion family.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you are probably right...i forget where I read it at though...its just supposed to be really hard to raise them

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like stated before, it is slightly difficult to correctly match their natural environment. Keeping them like a desert species seems to shorten their lifespan, keeping them slightly moist seems to prolong their lifespan.

I've had mine for just over a year (something like a year and a couple months) and i keep the humidity around 60%. Not saying my method is right, but it works for me...

hottentotta.ch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

I have some Scorpios from Marocco.
I think the most important thing is, that they can make their burrows.
You should give them 40 centimeters of sand with loam.
And if you have some wildcaugh, they need got temparatures and every month a bit of water!
I think 60% is to high!

froeps

Arachnopeon
I have my maurus now 1,5 year and she is pregnant, I think, hope she gives youngs in september the gastation is 1,5 year!!! that's a long time waiting believe me :)
I keep here at humidity 60 %, 10cm zand, 30-33° over day and 25° at night in the wild they can burrow 1,5m for looking the right humidity so I think if you wanna keep her longer than a year you most keep them more moist