Scorp VS Pede

who would win between a pede and a scorp?

• scorp

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • pede

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
I'm a tarantula guy, but recently saw a thread of a pede chomping on a T (probably dead/dying male). I know a scorp could/would take out a T as well, but what about a pede verse a scorp both of equal aggressiveness/poison, etc. Who would win?

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it could go either way, pedes are very aggressive predetors. and so are scorps and it also depends on how big they are what specie's they are and all that good stuff. its kinda a flip of the coin if you ask me.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I still don't get why we see all these posts on "Who would win"..... :?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i fed a Scolopendra canidens (10cm) to a 5cm E.flavicaudis
and these sizes favoured the pede, the flavicaudis just crunched the neck of the pede as soon as they came into contact, and it didnt let go until the pede stopped moving.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
moricollins said:
I still don't get why we see all these posts on "Who would win"..... :?
Oh, I'm just curious as to who which would/could be considered the more dominant predator (not that this could prove it). I'd never do it, I'd just trade them both and get more T's :D

parabuthus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
i fed a Scolopendra canidens (10cm) to a 5cm E.flavicaudis
and these sizes favoured the pede, the flavicaudis just crunched the neck of the pede as soon as they came into contact, and it didnt let go until the pede stopped moving.
Yup...
If you put a pede in with say... A. australis, P. transvaalicus or H. swammerdami... I'd say, different story from what that picture says...

However, I would never try anything like this myself. I love my scorps too much :D.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see alot of these VS threads lately. To be honest Giant Centipedes definitely seem like the apex predators in the invertebrate world. They hit whatever it is that is on their menu with such speed that I think it catches prey off guard not giving them much of a chance to retaliate.

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
depends on species. Small centipedes are probably eaten by strong scorpions. I think a big pandinus easily takes out any centipede up to 15cm. But for the giant centipedes it's another story. I have seen footage of a gigantea catching bats in flight and subspinipes taking out a small snake. So it depends on the size of the centipede and strenght of the scorpion :D

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
Oh, I'm just curious as to who which would/could be considered the more dominant predator (not that this could prove it). I'd never do it, I'd just trade them both and get more T's :D
Most dominant ever predator boots (size 45 EU :eek: :eek: :eek: ). Geee, those are evil ones, you got to trust me: easily will crush any spider or scorpions and that's not all: in some cases will do even a snake or some other smaller animal. :cool: ;P

I would say, this thread is sort of out of contence as there is no actual discussion, only fantazy based chatter.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Murziukas said:
Most dominant ever predator boots (size 45 EU :eek: :eek: :eek: ). Geee, those are evil ones, you got to trust me: easily will crush any spider or scorpions and that's not all: in some cases will do even a snake or some other smaller animal. :cool: ;P

I would say, this thread is sort of out of contence as there is no actual discussion, only fantazy based chatter.
Nice warm boot you have there, I still have mine from when I was stationed in Germany (not sure of the EU size, size 11 here in the states). I agree that would be dominant over all things crawling.
As far as out of contence I respect your opinion on what you think this thread is or isn't, this thread is for anyone wanting to post in it.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
AHAHAHHAH....that was a good one :)

to me a lot of these "vs" threads require but a little common sense and slight forethought to answer them...it's not like these inverts have superpowers where they can freeze their prey or levitate or something. In the wild, generally the larger predator will win...but there is never a guarantee. That's like asking..."if the Backstreet Boys got in a fight with Cannibal Corpse...who would win?" Wait...we know the answer to that one. Bad example :D

if both species have potent venoms...the first one to inject the other and avoid subsequent strikes will probably win. If neither has potent venom, then the one with the longest reach from it's vital organs and has the strength to damage it's opponent will win. Nothing to hard to deduce ;)

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Me = 13W (US)
Youngest son (Jordan - 19) the "baby" at 6'4"/250+ lbs/ 17W!!! LOL

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
George,

Hell yes! Euscorpius flavicaudis are some bad lil scorps. I've fed mine stone centipedes (I have hundreds in my yard and gardens) as well as Latrodectus variolus, geometricus and bishopi (all cb material)! I think E. flavs prefer isopods, 'pedes and spiders over all other prey.

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
a little juve C. Vittatus against a giant pede with the aid of forceps to hold it in place..............yea that was real fair.:clap: .....:wall: no tweezers holding back this scorp.

Attachments

Last edited:

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the machete centipede eats C. vittatus and the Thatguy's E. flavicaudis eats and scolopendra, we are in 1 to 1.

Y like both ( and I like also the tarantulas, but less thas pedes and scorps) Never give any of it to any of my scorps or centipedes. I love it too much.