Scolopendra subspinipes

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
So I got one of the critters that I have always wanted. She is around 7.5 inches I haven't gotten an actual measurement on her yet. She is definitely high strung and ready to bite at ANY moment. but none the less she is one of my creepy crawlies now.

This is a better pic, she isn't partialy burried. She is next to 10" tongs. And one quick question with this one... She was being fed pinkies before I got her, should I keep her on them or switch her to dubias?

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Learn some patience :) It's only been two and a half hours. You can switch her to dubia no problem. I don't think they gain much from only eating mice.

Crawly

Arachnopeon
You should have no trouble getting it to eat. Mine ate Dubua and Madagascar hissing roaches, pinky and fuzzy mice, large hornworms, nightcrawlers, and crickets. I mainly fed it crickets but it wasn't picky at all.

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
Sorry I wasn't trying to be pushy. Thank you both for the tips. she hasn't ate since I got her, she is still very round so I'm not entirely worried about it. but should I continue offering her food?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If she is 'round' like your finger, you can postpone feeding for awhile until it's not so rotund.

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
Thanks again. She is rather chunky lol. I imagine it is probably due to her being fed pinky mice so often. I think she needs to go on a diet. She has gone into hiding now I haven't seen her in a couple days. Once again thanks for the tips