Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes with eggs

White

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have one Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes with eggs, and I need some info about the feeding in this time. Is complently necessary to feed scolopendra when it's under the substrate with the eggs? What can I do to feed in this situation?

Excuse me, but I'm spanish and I can't explain better...hahaha, please, can anybody help me?

Cheers.
White

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's no need to feed it, it's not eating (or drinking) as long as it has eggs. And try not to disturbe it,to much disturbance may cause it to eat the eggs. Good luck with it.

White

Arachnopeon
Thanks a lot people¡¡¡¡ I won't feed it and I hope to breed well the pedelings...

Cheers.

White

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hola white, ;P

Is it not neccessary to feed it, but I would to recomend it. Why? Because somethimes the lay eggs is a proces too tire to our pede and it need drink or eat something. Nothing better than crickets.

In other hand, there is more posibilities of exit if you feed your pede than if you don't. ( same in scorpions)

That is another case of partenogenesis, but maybe there is other case of infertile laying eggs. Is better if you don't hope too much, because scolopendra are more difficult too breed that it seems.

Good luck, i nos vems por fauna.

Un saludo
Carles