Scolopendra polymorpha "Tiger" PhotoShoot

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is one of the wild caught S. polymorpha that we caught in the "Wastelands" (As Andrew [cacoseraph] has creatively deemed it), here in sunny Southern California.

I don't have good lighting for my pics.....especially for something as small as a pede (girth). It makes it hard for light to get in, when I'm practically pressing the lens up against the poor guy.

Anyway, here are the best pics I came away with in my 5 minute photoshoot.
Some might appear pixelated due to after-editing mistakes.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks dude!

I need to work with lighting....and setting apperture and shutter speeds and all that stuff......the smaller and darker the specimen....the harder it is to picture!!!

I tried doing a photoshoot of my P. cancerides 1.5" sling......and they came out clear.....but all dark!

gotta keep practicing. The pede was of medium challenge. as you can see they didnt come out nice and bright. but they're just okay.....

thanks again!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks Andrew.

I was wondering when you'd show up! LOL
i have to remember to look at threads with photobucket pics when i am at home.

i think it is weird how sometimes you can just sort of do whatever you want to the bugs and sometimes they are SO cranky

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have to remember to look at threads with photobucket pics when i am at home.

i think it is weird how sometimes you can just sort of do whatever you want to the bugs and sometimes they are SO cranky
yeah....this guy was mostly REALLY calm.....although he DID try to tag me once.....but failed.....muh hah hah hah!

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I found a smaller one of these once I moved in here. I'm in the foothills of the San Gorgonio mountains. Mine is still turquoise colored and doing well in captivity. With them living in such dry conditions here, he is very easy to care for. I've tried keeping myriapods when I lived in the east, and could not get the humid conditions right because there was always mold developing and I had to let them go:( .

Sharon

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Forgot to say those are fantastic pictures! Did he bite you when you held him? Mine hasn't tried to bite, just crawled over my hand, but I didn't actually pick it up.

Sharon

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Forgot to say those are fantastic pictures! Did he bite you when you held him? Mine hasn't tried to bite, just crawled over my hand, but I didn't actually pick it up.

Sharon
thanks sharon!

yeah...these guys like to bite.

but i didnt get bitten during this photoshoot.....although he tried :)

the bite isnt all that bad. although, it varies from person to person how the venom will affect you.