Scolopendra dehaani thai black flame?

Pappanagy

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! So I picked up this little one at about 3 inches. It was sold to me as a Thai black flame. I just want to verify that it is what I purchased. It appears to me that the colors are not what they should be. I realize that as they mature there is some change. What is throwing me is the antenna being blue. And no color on the terminal legs. Also isn't the membrane between the plates supposed to be lighter maybe even brown/tan?

Attachments

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
I am not very educated in the topics of centipedes, but I'm assuming this Thai black flame is on the pricier side which is leaving you wondering if you got ripped off.
Even if it isn't what you originally wanted that is a beautiful centipede. Hopefully it is though and it just needs to mature to get it's "classic" coloring (looked it up also a very beautiful pede).

Pappanagy

Arachnopeon
I completely agree! I am fully taken with the beauty of this critter! I just want to make sure in case there is care differences.

tarantulastuff

Arachnopeon
Oh boy...
you have been scammed.
This is an Otostigmid-it is not a scolopendrid. It lacks the cephalic plate overlap.
It is very beautiful and one of the Mainland Chinese/vietnamese varieties.

Pappanagy

Arachnopeon
Oh boy...
you have been scammed.
This is an Otostigmid-it is not a scolopendrid. It lacks the cephalic plate overlap.
Thank you! Do you have a common name by chance or is the one you posted the scientific name. I need to make sure my care is correct

tarantulastuff

Arachnopeon
I do not have a common name- but otostigmid care is mostly the same as any scolopendrid. I can only identify it to subgenus level because of the lack of further photos, but it is definitely not a dehaani, and not a Scolopendra. Can you provide any further photos?
Also, I apologize, but English is not my first language.
General rules for centipede care is do not use cocopeat as a substrate, as this can cause impaction, and having a plastic container with a good seal.
There must be a lot of side ventilation.

tarantulastuff

Arachnopeon
I feel certain that this is one individual very like your centipede.
There was a mistake in my translation-not mainland Chinese, but Asian.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Oh boy...
you have been scammed.
What’s the price difference in species ? The long tailed ones obviously not a Scolopendra.