Scolopendra cingulata

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi. I caught a Scolopendra cingulata last Sunday, can anyone give me any tips of how to take good care of her?? Will I have to mist?? Just HIT me with advice!!!!!!

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
hey, where did you caught it? in Greece?
i thougt cingulata species only came from Spain and Italy

greetz

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yap! Greece, I guess they live in the entire Mediteranean coast, if you go to petbugs.com you'll find a speciment in the caresheets that was caught in Greece. The guy there caught it in an olive tree field, just like me...

Last edited:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, that's really a good looking cingulata :D

I'm going to Spain this summer and i was already planning on catching some cingulata's.
Now i've seen your picts i even gonna search harder and trying to catch a couple (female and male)

Can you give some more tips on where to look for these european scolopendras??

succes with your new pet

greetz

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks.

Just go out in an olive field (I'm sure you'll find plenty) and flip any big stone you find in your way. Great techique....Never fails. You might find some scorpions in that way as well.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What's the humidity like in those areas? If it's kind of dryish, you might want to look under partially dried cow or horse manure piles (dry enough to flip over, use a stick!). I've found many centipedes in the American southwest that way. The manure acts as a kind of moisture resuvoir so many critters can be found this way.

Wade