scared of....

damoscorpio

Arachnopeon
.....mealworms! :wall:

yeah, so my buthus occitanus seems to be scared of a meal worm! :? and my scorpio.m.p just crushes them and not bother eating them? i know they are hungry as they havent been fed for about 10 days. could it be because i have never fed them mealworms before, and they arent used to their prey squirmin violently once they clench it? :?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
.....mealworms! :wall:

yeah, so my buthus occitanus seems to be scared of a meal worm! :? and my scorpio.m.p just crushes them and not bother eating them? i know they are hungry as they havent been fed for about 10 days. could it be because i have never fed them mealworms before, and they arent used to their prey squirmin violently once they clench it? :?
go for 21 days. Let's see if they don't take that mealworm.

Dudo

Arachnopeon
Worms are from scorps something like for humans spinach or anything similary "delicious" ,and they eat it only when theyre are really hungry or are accustomed.Feed them rather with crickets or beetles :razz:

damoscorpio

Arachnopeon
so you reckon to starve them a bit?..
so dudo, if i fed them to the scorpion more often, theyd gte used to eating them? i didnt know that scorpions would find certain foods less tasty than the other. how would they know that the mealworms arent tasty when they've never had any? :? lol i just hope he isnt too like me since i hate spinich. lol
but what about my scorpio, he just kills them and thats that! :?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpions in general can survive without food for quite sometime, all of mine "fasted" over the winter it was over three months before I actually seen anyone eat. Any food I put in the tank (crix, roach, worm) would just live for a couple of days and then die, or have to be taken out. My scorps include, Heterometrus, Pandinus imperators & cavimanus. But I have heard that all can go without for along time. :p

Thaedion

damoscorpio

Arachnopeon
yeah, im not too worried about them being hungry, since mine do the same. its just i thought while they are now active i thought theyd eat. ive had my buthus for 4 years now, and ive hardly ever seen him refuse food. loves to eat so i dont get it. i only just got my scorpio, hes only small, so i was givin him the small mealworms but he still just kills them and so far apart from the first week i had him when he didnt eat anything he always eats up on any chance.

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My T seems to be the same way, she will just sit there not eating them, then run off then they come too close... haha the best thing is i think they bug her so much she just snaps them in half.. will not eat them tho...

Dudo

Arachnopeon
so you reckon to starve them a bit?..
so dudo, if i fed them to the scorpion more often, theyd gte used to eating them? i didnt know that scorpions would find certain foods less tasty than the other. how would they know that the mealworms arent tasty when they've never had any? :? lol i just hope he isnt too like me since i hate spinich. lol
but what about my scorpio, he just kills them and thats that! :?
So,you probably didnt understand,that I was just joking {D ,but ok.The meaning was that the worms arent very good for feeding.I feed with them only scorplings when I dont have microcrickets.And is also naturally that scorps dont have any "memory",so he cant remember how taste cricket or worm :eek: .And in your case,its hard to say anything,maybe he will eat it one time :)