Saw this when I got home

keeper1

Arachnopeon
this irritates me.. its a grammostola pulchrepes is this normal?? the substrate is pretty dry

Attachments

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
happens to me all the time i wouldn't worry about it if your keeping it fairly dry. its a problem if your keeping very damp

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Add more sub, it'll ease your stress about a possible...fall...maybe?

Plus, then you can dig out a nice deep cave under clay pot piece for the Lil spidah to chillll in comfort.

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
I agree it looks like there is a little to much height in that enclosure, just remember you should have no more than 2x the dls of the spider. and a T climbing is nothing to worry about as long as the substrate is dry and there isn't a fall risk, sometimes they just like to explore the enclosure especially more active species.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Mine is constantly wandering around its enclosure or climbing, if I open the lid to do maintenance it tries to climb out and go exploring, it rarely sits still, you've probably just got a more active/inquisitive specimen, if you're worried about potential falls then add a little more sub (as long as the gap between the top of the sub and the top of the enclosure is no more than 2 x diagonal leg span then you're good) but there's no real reason to worry other than that.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
As long as it is also staying on the substrate for a substantial amount of time I would just write it off as an active tarantula. I have a MF Davus Pentaloris that climbs the sides sometimes but also spends a huge amount of time on the substrate, so I don't worry.

As already mentioned by others just make sure your T is safe on the height from top to substrate.

Pure Exotic

Arachnopeon
It is also good to check the temperature inside. Tarantula may just try to find warmer place.