Same genus or different genuses?

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I don't know what to do--get several different species from a genus or species from different genuses.

I have considered getting several species from the Rhopalurus genus (R. princeps, R. laticauda, R. pintoi, etc.)

My other option is to get species from several genuses: Isometrus maculatus, Odonturus dentatus, Centruroides nitidus, Babycurus gigas, and Hottentotta judaicus.

What should I do? I can't decide and I really would like help.:)

*edit* I think I'm trying to say for breeding purposes, should I breed several spp. from a genus or different species in different genuses?

Last edited:

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Start with whatever you'd like first :) Eventually, you'll have em all lol

Pick whichever species you think you'll like the most

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I tend to focas on life style as opposed to one genus. I prefer communal buthids. Mainly Bark species like tityus and Centruroides, but also hottentottas and a few other ground dwellers.

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I think I am going to get scorpions from different genuses. Rhopalurus is an extremely interesting genus, and although the species have different colors, are different sizes, and behave slightly differently, they would be very similar in other ways, so I think I will get familiar with different genuses before keeping many species of the same genus.

Thanks for the help.:)