Sahydroaraneus Raja Care Sheet Creation

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
I have looked and looked for a care sheet for these guys to no avail. So, if anyone has any info to add to little info that's out there it would be appreciated.

Moisture- I noticed when I first housed mine I kept it dry (for a few days) I found her curled up on the one spot that had water on it. So I tossed some moss in and I wet that weekly. She seems much happier.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Care sheets are crap, the people that read them end up killing their Ts without even realizing it. They are full of erroneous information blended with actual information and thus making them useless. Don't use them at all. If you have been using them w/out issue, consider yourself lucky.

It's a relatively new species in the hobby, so don't expect much. Your best approach is what you did here, asking potential owners.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Why does anyone look for care sheets? There's so many bad ones out there.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
look where its from and try to copy the climate there. a 2 second google search told me theyre from India, keep em moist.

Gods Spartan

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I agree with those points, but I am trying to get something from other's experiences. There are guys out there I do trust to take info from.

Just need to gather info on them is all.
Temperament, Growth rate, etc.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
If I'm right this is an india burrowing species...corrected*

Last edited:

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
look where its from and try to copy the climate there. a 2 second google search told me theyre from India, keep em moist.
Oh boy I had this discussion several times. If you are keeping a T in a limited environment you should never try to copy the climate they are from. You will most likely not find any data from a Ts hide in the wild ( I looked for GBB and didn't find anything). Some areas have weeks with average termperaturs of +40°C (whatever that is in F). During those times Ts aren't out and I think that's for a good reason. If you now see that the average temperatur during may to august is 45°C with peaks of up to 60°C and you heat up your terrarium to that you will end up with a dead T. The only thing you can take from a climate diagram is if your species lives in a humid or non humid envoirment. I keep all my Ts at the same temperature which is between 21° and 30°C depending on season. Only thing that differs is the humidity which I don't messure. From what I have read Ts deal way better with a little colder temperatures that they do with heat. This is of course only my opinion but in my eyes it's dangerous to say "just copy the climate they are from".

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Oh boy I had this discussion several times. If you are keeping a T in a limited environment you should never try to copy the climate they are from. You will most likely not find any data from a Ts hide in the wild ( I looked for GBB and didn't find anything). Some areas have weeks with average termperaturs of +40°C (whatever that is in F). During those times Ts aren't out and I think that's for a good reason. If you now see that the average temperatur during may to august is 45°C with peaks of up to 60°C and you heat up your terrarium to that you will end up with a dead T. The only thing you can take from a climate diagram is if your species lives in a humid or non humid envoirment. I keep all my Ts at the same temperature which is between 21° and 30°C depending on season. Only thing that differs is the humidity which I don't messure. From what I have read Ts deal way better with a little colder temperatures that they do with heat. This is of course only my opinion but in my eyes it's dangerous to say "just copy the climate they are from".
copy within reason. no need for daytime highs of 95f+ or nighttime lows of 60f or whatever. the first thing i do when looking up a new species is find out where they're from, this just gives me a very general idea of care. for example, the spider in question, its from asia so that tells me it likes it moist. temps 70-80 are fine for virtually all threaphosidae. an interesting side note is C cyanopubescens, at first when people realized they came from Venezuela, they kept them very moist which obviously failed. they were once considered one of the hardest species to keep till some one found one in its actual habitat in a mini desert biome, now they are considered one of the best beginner species available. so no, dont trust everything but its still a good place to start.

Jj88

Arachnopeon
So I kept one that just recently died of old age....(she was old and grown when I found her curled up in her pet store cup for 800$ ) .. They told me she was an old girl that had laid and hatched many sacks .... Anyway... I kept her on Isopod Soil (it's comes in a green or black rezippable bag) moss and gave her a buried cork tube...I went the entire enclosure once a week... I also gave her a deep cup always filled to the brim with water for humidity.... She lived like this for 3 more years with no incident.... Moisture is key....Adults rarely eat and u won't see it when they do... They are lightning fast but with the right set up aren't too defensive... I never handled her so I can't say how they tolerate it....keep them in the darkest corner u have and they'll hang out outside their burrows more...but they are extremely shy..if u want a T that's gonna put on a show at feeding time and one your gonna see alot of these guys are not for you.... But if u don't mind a pet hole that u know a very gorgeous spider is hiding in I highly recommend one.... I am now in the market for reasonably priced slings if anyone can help with that

Shinn

Arachnosquire
keep them in the darkest corner u have and they'll hang out outside their burrows more...but they are extremely shy..if u want a T that's gonna put on a show at feeding time and one your gonna see alot of these guys are not for you.... But if u don't mind a pet hole that u know a very gorgeous spider is hiding in
Asian fossorials - gorgeous looking pet holes.