Safe to assume (gender and breeding ready)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone else agree this is a hybrid coz Ryan seems to think otherwise.

If he has mated this female then god help anyone buying the slings that wants to breed.. this should be kept on the 'pet' shelf. Glad it's over there and not in the UK near me lol I've never seen a hybrid in the flesh.. We thankfully don't seem to have any over here... no doubt some bright spark is selling them somewhere though.
i'm not sure if its a hybrid maybe a darker form but yeah i wouldn't assume anyone here that has been reputable, wants to flood the market with X's of any kind..... just for the sake of money:wall: if it was sold as a PC then im sure well find out either way and from what i know of ryan if it is a X..then a pet it shall remain...
hopefully dean will clear this up.....
wayne

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am not overly worried about it. I have seen a color form like this with this species similar in the past, and seen it turn up when I knew for a fact both the parents were pure. But I called Dean he's out its Friday thats understandable. So once I touch base with him and confirm where it is from and all that jazz I am sure things will be much clearer.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Soon we'll have to issue papers for pure breeds... Like dogs ! That's if we can get the taxonomy correct for T's :)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Soon we'll have to issue papers for pure breeds... Like dogs ! That's if we can get the taxonomy correct for T's :)
it most certainly seems the case at least here in the states...

i have heard where the bloodlines in Europe are stronger then here in the states( longevity and colors )but i dont know if there is any merit to those claims....

wayne

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well now I have found she came from Varden originally so I will try and see what more I can find out about this girl.
Varden if you read this Pm me! Or respond here ether way is just fine.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've been looking at lots of different pics of both P. irminia and P. cambridgei. Some of the P. cambridgei pics do show more pattern than others on their abdomens. However, i haven't seen any nearly as dark as the one Ryan has.

i think people do need to way calm down here though. There isn't any need to start making accusations of intentionally breeding hybrids in this situation. While i am 110% against hybrid breeding, there are plenty of other threads to debate that whole messy issue. Maybe we'll get more info when Ryan hears back from Varden - not that she's busy packing to move to Alaska or anything... LOL Depending where Varden got the T we may never know. The T is definately very dark and different looking for what she is supposed to be but lets try to figure it out without the hybrid debate and any accusations of anyone doing anything intentionally wrong.

While i was looking through other pics i had a thought. i don't think it would be too hard for someone inexperienced to not recognize a MM P. irminia and breed it to a female P. cambridgei - especially if the MM P. irminia was sold or labeled as a P. cambridgei.

http://giantspiders.com/P_irminia_male.html

While it certainly doesn't look like a MM P. cambridgei; neither MM's look like the Female or immature Male P. cambridgei.

i recently acquired a MM P. pederseni on a breeding loan. i'm certainly no Pokie expert. Even though he was sent to me as a P. pederseni i didn't take it for granted and i did try to check him out against anything else i could find because Pokies also look a lot different after their ultimate molt. i honestly don't know that i would be able to identify a bunch of MM Pokies that were all put in front of me without a little help. :? It isn't what we're used to looking at all the time. When you think about a particular Pokie, what pic comes to mind? The MM? Not likely, usually the female or immature male. Maybe i'm way wrong, maybe that's just how i think because i don't think fluent Pokie yet.

jules

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have never once suggested that Ryan is selling hybrids into the hobby. I'm simply airing my opinion.

Finding the source should help but until then we won't know for sure. All i'm saying is to me it looks nothing like a cambridgei. And Ryan i'm not saying it's your fault, not even close, i was simply saying that to me it looks like a hybrid of the two. I am against hybridising and so recognising and pointin them out is something, i feel, should be done... sorry if i offended anyone.