:-s

Walker253

Arachnobaron
For instance if you buy a true ID sexed Goddess (like I suggest to someone not interested in breeding nor to someone that, after waiting forever, really, doesn't love the idea of end with a male due to a sling purchase) you can put her directly in her final home, with a lot (but a lot) of inches of substrate, a water dish always full, a cork bark for hide (I suggest this, my baby burrowed under and loves that) and done :)
I'm getting my own female "Goddess" in 2 days. She's 3 1/2 - 4". Are you suggesting to give her, her forever home right off the bat, or should I give her a smaller enclosure and transfer later? Honestly, transferring a hostile animal with a potent bite is something I would always choose to avoid if given the opportunity.
I do have a 2 1/2" E murinus in a 5 gallon tank. I always swear I'm going to mover it into something smaller, but I haven't. It's doing quite well in the 5. It looks kind of dumb, one little hole in the corner of a seemingly large tank. I have my 6" H gigas in an 18x15x15 with about 8" of substrate. She'll be in there forever and pretty happy, but lucky for me, she's the mellowest H gigas out there. She's so calm.
I'm excited for my Goddess P muticus. I'd be happy to put her in the same size container as my H gigas if that would be a better idea.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm getting my own female "Goddess" in 2 days. She's 3 1/2 - 4". Are you suggesting to give her, her forever home right off the bat, or should I give her a smaller enclosure and transfer later? Honestly, transferring a hostile animal with a potent bite is something I would always choose to avoid if given the opportunity.
I do have a 2 1/2" E murinus in a 5 gallon tank. I always swear I'm going to mover it into something smaller, but I haven't. It's doing quite well in the 5. It looks kind of dumb, one little hole in the corner of a seemingly large tank. I have my 6" H gigas in an 18x15x15 with about 8" of substrate. She'll be in there forever and pretty happy, but lucky for me, she's the mellowest H gigas out there. She's so calm.
I'm excited for my Goddess P muticus. I'd be happy to put her in the same size container as my H gigas if that would be a better idea.
You can put her directly in her final home, man :)

4 inches is a good size. Lots of inches of substrate and you're done. You will love the Goddess :-s

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Okay, I have found the ad I was talking about...
The guy has slings of 3cm bodylength, for 10euro per sling. Sounds good, or not? I was thinking, perhaps I could grow with it, get accustomed to its behaviour since they take forever to grow?

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The guy has slings of 3cm bodylength, for 10euro per sling. Sounds good, or not? I was thinking, perhaps I could grow with it, get accustomed to its behaviour since they take forever to grow?
If you have any OW experience, I think you'd be ok with a larger one. From everything I've been told, the P muticus, while very defensive, fast and having bad bite, is not that hard. One, they are a pet hole. Two, they are more of a "stand your ground and fight" Tarantula. They aren't likely to run up the forceps and bit you like an OBT. The topper is as Chris LXXIX says, get a verified female. You'd hate to spend all that time growing it and then have it turn out to be a male.

My 2 cents anyway.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sure. Of course if you seek the Goddess you should wait and buy a female instead (not always a question of exact size... when you can spot clear the rear legs is enough, males do not possess that feature) but on the other hand, I know what you mean. In all honesty I tell you this (since you have one as well) that by far, in general, E.murinus (if want of course) is more prone to act "nervous" than my bulky Goddess :-s

P.muticus are very defensive, this is indeed true, but once they have all of that substrate they need, a very easy Theraphosidae to keep as well (sound absurd I know) because you will not even notice them, maintenance is easy, they remain in the burrow when fully settled, aside for a random walk in the open like my baby loves to do rarely <-- now in that case I can't even try to think to open the top ah ah :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
To Goddess or not to Goddess...i think i'll wait until there is a female available. It's hard though, because I don't see them for sale very often.
I guess I'll just have to make due with pictures of your lovely Ladies :)