S.polymorpha community

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is a little community thing i have going on, this are all local wild caught specimens. while collecting we have seen some under the same rocks/trash with each other, so i deceided to try this and see what happens. so far they have co-hab'ed in a appx. 10 x 6" container for over a month without incident, each one has its own area that each other seem to respect and not intrude on (backing out when its occupied) 3 of them have burrows, 1 stays on top of the wood, and one just stays under in the cave area. thats five total, and if all goes well i'll have some babys. i will keep updates as things change for better or worse.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice

that is actually smaller than i thought. very cool that you still have all five :)

ArachnO

Arachnopeon
haha! thanks for sharing this wonderful picture! if they ever breed and make eggs, share me some :)

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very cool...i may have to attempt the same thing...maybe the excess of hides helps?

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great to hear that they are doing well! Definitely keep us posted on how they're doing. You'll find more than a few people here are interested in communal centipede attempts :p

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well heres an update, today i found one dead being eatin by another, looked to be one of the smaller ones:(

By wburke17 at 2007-07-03
this is the culprit, lookin mighty fat!

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Darn, thats a shame. That would've been cool if they would have cohabilitated with eachother. Good luck with them.

Andy