s.morsitans momma

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
yooooopyyyyyyyyyy, great!!!!, truely beautifull =D =D =D

i just wanted to post you a PM cause i've seen your post at the "stickypost: my inverts" how many morsitans do you have now?

And i've seen that you're from the UK, is it easy to get scolopendras there ?

:D CONGRATS :D

greetz

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
gongyles

i have 9 adult and 2 juvenile s.morsitans at the moment and by the looks of it i may have about another 10 babies soon i would of had more but the mother ate some of the eggs. getting hold of them are really easy as they seem to be a common centipede reguarly imported i have got a pair now of s.h.castaneiceps that im hoping to try and breed but they where hard to get over here as i got 1 straight from an importer then the 2nd 1 i brought at the bts show from a couple of americans they also had peruvian giants with them but buy the time i found their table i had spent most of me money and couldnt afford any more

fatbloke

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice Bloke! Congrats! Did you breed her using the rotation method?

Atrax

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
atrax no i didnt breed her myself she was a w/c that gave birth ive had her for about 9 months before the eggs appeared thats happened with 3 of my pedes now but i am hoping to try the rotation method with my s.h.castaneicepes and the s.gigentea to see what happens

fatbloke

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, still very cool though. Good luck on future attempts. :)

Atrax

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
atrax i will post anything if i have any luck with the rotation method but i was wondering if there is a certain time of year that they breed at or do they breed all year round:?

fatbloke

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not sure off hand but there are a couple people I can ask who may likely know. I'll check about and let you know what I hear.

See ya.

Atrax

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
gongyles as you know sexing pedes is not that straight forward so trying to breed a unsexed pair would be foolish as 1 would probably become the other 1's lunch the rotation method is you get the 2 pedes you want to attempt to breed and you keep swapping them into each others tanks so that they can pick up the scent of the other pede hopefully if its a female the male will hopefully leave a spermaphore then swap pedes back again and if the other pede is female she will hopefully pick the spermaphore up

fatbloke

if ive got something wrong about the rotation method please correct me

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Thanx for clearing that out for me :D
At what timebasis do you swap them, is that like every day or every weekend or once a month?

And isn't that to stressing for both your centipedes?

i've never had any breeding succes with scolopendras , but i'm dying to go into that :cool:

greetz

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
not sure on the time basis but im going to try about every 7-10 days

fatbloke