Rosies and moults

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My daughter Faith's rosie. Sunshine Seems to be coming up for a moult soon. But I'm wondering if I can guess the time by her bald spot.

When we got her in November she had a nice hair behind. :p

Then the bald spot came by the end of Dec. It was pink and clean looking.
It's steadly darkened and is now about the color of dark chocolate.

It's an even oblong right smack in the middle of her abdomin.

She eats great and hasn't added to the web "carpet" she made when she first came to live in her viv. She only does more webbing after she's eaten. Doing the cricket dance deal. :)

Just wondering. You think I'm looking at a month? Less? More. JUst general round about as I've never witnessed an Adult moult before.

Thanks. :)

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nixy,
Mine quit eating a month or so before it moulted. It had the black abdomen for quite a while. The only way I had an idea it was close, was it started laying down its moulting bed hours before it flipped over on her back.

Last night my A. genic. layed down a web bed and just sat on it. Today when I got home, it was done moulting. So, keep an eye out for the extended fast, and the web moulting matt.

Hope that helps,

Ernie

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks MrT.
My problem is our T's don't seem to want to follow procedure.....

I've only witnessed a few moults from ours and they want to go breaking the rules I read.

StarRacer, our S'ling Blondi nailed two crickets one night and the next morning I got up and he was half out of his skin just right out in the middle of the viv on bare substrat.

Xenix our Versicolor moulted overnight at the ept store the day before I got her. And a week ago I gave her a few crickets and she ate them. Then went to the very tip of her little log mountain and stretched out verticly, head pointed down on the few little strings she had put there when I first got her. She does this after every meal.
So I sit down to blab on a few forums. Get up for a cup of coffee Just in time to see that she had simply rolled out of her skin where it was sitting and was clinging just below it to the log. So light blue she almost looked transparent. Her color deepened within a few hours to the vivid azures they are at this age.

Neither spider gave me a bit of warning. Their abdomins showed no balding. They didn't fast at all. Heck they ate like they normaly do. Anything that moves. And neither did any special webbing.

It was like. ' Alright, that was a nice lunch. I think I'll moult now....'

So I'm looking at Sunshine and I keep asking her. (Literaly because I am crazy enough that I talk to our T's while I deal with them....) If she plans on doing the surprise munch and moult or if she wants me to read her a few pages on moulting proccess.

Xenix by the way showed a desire for something to eat today. It's been a few days since her moult. I was working on her shelf and she kept following the corner of my dust rag around on the inside of her viv. So I got a couple of the smallest crikets I could and held them for her with rubber tipped tweezers.
She ended up eating three that way went to take a nap in the crevis of her log. Where she went to hole up and harden after her moult.

She's Very pertiful and when she comes out again I plan on getting a few new pics of her.

But anyway.

That's why I asked about Sunshine. Because I really don't want to be caught off guard and without my camera again. Drat it.
So was hoping maybe I could get a hint from her bald spot in case she and our other T's have just conspired to break moulting regulations and do the wacky skin strip just any old way.