Rosie Webcam!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Allrighty then - I know this is probably dumb - but I figure I can now see if Ty does anything cool while I'm at work.

Anybody have any opinions on my enclosure / webcam?

http://65.27.2.180:8080

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
thats cool... is that a light shining on her/him,
her/him might not like that if anything if i were you id get a red bulb tarantulas cant detect them and wont bother them eather

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is really great :)
Thanx for sharing... :D

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Actually - That is a red light. It doesn't really show up that way on the webcam; t's not reallly that blinding there. I put a worm in the enclosure this morning - I hope he chases it down this afternoon - it normally only takes him an hour or two.

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, nice idea. Is that live feed, or does it refresh?

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's a live feed - i normally only get about 1fps though remotely - it's a crappy webcam. I've seen him move around about twice today - once to eat, then just walked for a while.
I've got it setup on my Active Desktop, so all I have to do is minimize my windows to check up on the lil' bugger.

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kinda a bump-up, but I wanted to let you guys know that I added an A. Versicolor Juvie to my webcam - got a decent view of both spiders! Plus, I've got a new T, which is also awesome! I can't wait to see how these arboreals get around first hand.

It was great - I stopped by to see my mom on the way home, and it ate a cricket to show off :)

check it - http://tywebb.dyndns.org:8080

slice9

Arachnopeon
That software is great. I actually had the idea to put my webcam on my T but all I had was some cheesey single frame webcam stuff. This program works great! Thanks for posting it.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Is it free? Edit: Yes it is. I downloaded it, plugged in my cam, but it wouldnt record anything. :( WHY :'(

Last edited:

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awww.. how cute, i just got to watch someone else's T cleaning itself... your rose is gorgeous...

slice9

Arachnopeon
you probably need to select the webcam you wish to use by going to the menu "video 1 --> connect --> video from windows".

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Actually - I haven't figured out the recording yet - but after this little experiment, I think i want to get a NICE USB2.0 camera - and try to find some software that will record upon seeing motion.

I'll let you know if I find anything; If I get this setup right, I could basically have a spider highlight reel!

Thanks Inuleki for the compliment - he/she certainly eats plenty enough to be healthy :)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:D THAT:D IS:D SO:D NEAT:D

I'm going to keep it on in the corner of my desktop ALL DAY at work and watch her!!!

slice9

Arachnopeon
Yes I believe there are some intel webcam with motion sensing software. Although you will probably has to setup a red or infrared light source for it to work properly.