Rosie spread flat

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Schultzs' say power feeding may speed growth and help the T reach a larger adult size.

O.K., O.K., I'm REALLY arguing because ALL of Joy's Ts have HUGE butts and they look awesome and seem to be healthy, and I want MINE to look like that!

Joy... power feeding or no?:?

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, my rosie's doing it too, spread out like a pokie, and she's not eaten in a month --I have had her for 6 months already but now she totally ignores crickets even when they crawl right under her fangs!) In fact when I saw this pose, I thought she had already moulted and was doing stretches to loosen up!
I know I brought up an old post, but I thought it was relevant, and would contribute to it in a helpful way.

Attachments

Last edited:

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine does that too. Hasnt eaten for a couple months. Oh, and spyderbyte, it seems that in order to answer a question for you, you did a search? :clap: hehe, i know that is a medal worthy deed to some people.;P

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep, did a search to find this thread. :) And I have another Q: I notice my T will sit beside her water dish, maybe she's thirsty? (but I have never actually seen her drink though). I know she likes her substrate totally bone dry (she's literally up the walls at the slightest bit of moisture).

I am a little concerned about the humidity as I think she's in premoult. My room is at about 64%, and I have temporarily placed my hygrometer in the T's terrarium to get a more accurate reading.

I wonder if she ever will be seen drinking from her dish, I have seen her walk over part of it and change direction to avoid getting her feet wet, I worry that she'll get really thirsty but wont drink because it will get her feet wet!

Her abdomen hasn't shrunken any even though it's been a little over a month since she's eaten any bugs.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe that it is a myth that the humidity has much to do with molting. If the water bowl has water in it, then i think your rosie will keep his/herself hydrated. My rosie often drinks, but she doesnt usually spend more than five minutes at a time doing it. Another rosie i know once dunked for quite a while. If the abdomin isnt shrunk, dont worry, maybe she is just drinking when your back is turned

Ennoozunu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry to much about your rosie drinking. As long as there is water in the cage she will drink when she needs it.

If you want tho heres a trick to find out if she is drinking. What you do is completely clean out the water dish and fill it. Make sure there is no substrate or anything in it. Then when you notice a bit of substrate in the water later on you know she has been drinking (when she puts her carapace in the water she puts some substrate that was stuck to her in the water. So when you see a good amount of substrate in the water its because she was drinking from it. If its only a spec or two then that was probably from when she steps in the water.).