Rosie on a webbing rampage

slice9

Arachnopeon
My rosie aka rover, which is usually very very non-active has all of a sudden become webbing crazy. She (maybe) has been wandering all over even during daylight and upon inspecting the cage I've found webbing in places I've never even seen her walk. Theres no real structure to any of the webbing just random silk strands strewn about, even up the branches and near the top of a plant, which means shes been doin some climbing. Is there a reason for this? I'm worried to see she has become so active for no apparent reason. There are no crickets in the cage. When I first got her about 3 months ago she webbed up the front of her hide before she moulted which made sense, to keep preditors out. But this doesn't make sense to me :? Heres a pic of rover, I don't think shes a male searching for a female or anything, seems too young/small. Temp is right (70ish) and humidity is about right (50ish). Any ideas????

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both of my G. rosea behaved in a manner similar to what you have described prior to making an egg sack. Perhaps you've obtained a wild caught specimen that was bred prior to capture. If that is the case, you'll find out soon enough.

Botar

slice9

Arachnopeon
Well I've had it for about 90 days so far so I figure it woulda made it by now. We'll see anyways.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a very beautiful picture. Is it manipulated in any way ?

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My G.rosea does the same thing. She is also very active and fast.. Weird... Cute rosie you have there..

slice9

Arachnopeon
The only thing I did to that picture is crop it down with paint so that it would fit. The flash on the camera really brought out the colors tho thats for sure. Not a bad looking spider, last molt was in january.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah she is a little cutie... I need a good cam like that... Mine sucks.

Also my G.rosea my new G.rosea is pretty aggressive also. She stands on her hind legs and snaps..lol.. it is very cute.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Raveness

Did you get her from Mexico? Maybe she has some past experience in Salsa dancing? Ole!

@Slice9

Very beautiful T, and an outstanding photograph. Well done.

I, myself, don't have a Rosie. It seems everyone else does. I am almost driven to aquire one just because of the diverse and peculiar personalities they seem to possess. Anyhoo...

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol... no.. from Petco... I know I know it's hell there for some of you... but other than the sponge in the water dishes they take good care. They can't know everything..hehehe..

Originally posted by Ephesians
@Raveness

Did you get her from Mexico? Maybe she has some past experience in Salsa dancing? Ole!

@Slice9

Very beautiful T, and an outstanding photograph. Well done.

I, myself, don't have a Rosie. It seems everyone else does. I am almost driven to aquire one just because of the diverse and peculiar personalities they seem to possess. Anyhoo...

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol... no.. from Petco...
::GASP:: Sinner! Repent! lol. Nah, I got a few of my p. imperators from there. I really like Petco for various reasons. Minus the sponge, as you mentioned, they have an AWESOME cage set up that I would like to model mine after when I finish this $7500 ad. job and move into house I'm fixing to rent. They have a lot of great cute-n-cuddlies, too.

rebo

Arachnopeon
LOL That is one of my Roses name also. I let my wife name em, she is partial to dog names. Now to teach to fetch.

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my old rosie did that intense webbing before he molted. He started the webbing about 2 weeks before his last molt. Could also be a molt coming up. Abdomen black?