Rosie love gone bad

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well it was almost the last day in the life of my male G rosea thanks to my cranky female. I put him in the encloser and he sat there for a little while, then he walks up to the female and touches her palp, when all of sudden she goes nuts and chases him. Well I about had a heart attack because I didn't see it comming. I just hope it means that she is gravid and not just being cranky. Here are a few pics from the breeding cluster.

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are the red-est red phase I've ever seen. I hope you get an egg sack. Is it common for a gravid female to be "less than receptive"?

Botar

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
I totally agree with botar, those are exectionally red red phases. I would like to see some slings come from them.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
Those are the red-est red phase I've ever seen. I hope you get an egg sack. Is it common for a gravid female to be "less than receptive"?

Botar
Thank you, both were petco finds. I think they seem less receptive when gravid. The trantula keepers guide makes mention of this also.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I would concur, from the behaviour I've witnessed. My gravid females always either eat, or attempt to eat the hapless male.
Love those red phase colors!

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, nice red phase. Makes me think my rosea is in greyscale.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice T's

Great looking T's ,Jeremy!! That reminds me of a old Van-Halen song.......Good Girl Gone Bad!!:D

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is the change of getting red-phase spiderlings from 2 red-phase rosies bigger then from 2 gray-phase rosies?

Dennis

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Is the change of getting red-phase spiderlings from 2 red-phase rosies bigger then from 2 gray-phase rosies?

Dennis
I have no clue if it helps the chances or not. I would like to think there is a good chance that at least some will be red phase if I should get a egg sac. Anyone else have any ideas on the probablity of red phase slings?