Rosie eating habits...........

steel26man

Arachnopeon
Could anyone tell me why after my Rosie kills a cricket, makes a 360 degree web, then it drops the cricket in it, then it picks it back up and continues to feed......??????

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's common for Ts to make a eating mat while they are eating, they can also web the cricket and save it for later if they choose to..it's all good, you have nothing to worry about. :D

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats so cool....thanks for the information........
np! :D Be sure to remove all cricket remains especially uneaten parts after it finished eating or within a 24 hour period. You don't want mites, the gutsy part of the crick is the issue with that, don't fuss too much trying to find dry shells...good luck with your T down the road:clap: , how big is it?

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BTW, what you are seeing is often times called the "happy dance". This is not limited to G. rosea by any means. Most of my tarantulas will do the happy dance when they are fed.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BTW, what you are seeing is often times called the "happy dance". This is not limited to G. rosea by any means. Most of my tarantulas will do the happy dance when they are fed.
You said it, don't we love seeing the abdomen moving about dancing around! {D

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
I wish my Rosea would do the happy dance. Just sits there, like a bump on a log....
Saw a video of a B.Smithi do it once, really cool to watch.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
did somebody say...happy dance?
[YOUTUBE]eF8MOqdJdOs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine did the same thing the other day, picked the web up with the cricket, he looked pretty silly