Rosie defends her home

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was picking some cricket parts out of the substrate with my big tweezers. My rosie is sitting on top of the coconut shelter and hanging out. She doesn't even get scared or show any sign of caring.....she used to cringe and pull her legs in real tight. So I notice a cricket part just inside the coconut and carefully grab it and also pinch the thin webbing she has laid down inside and around the the outside of the coconut on the substrate. I start to pull out the cricket part and all the webbing starts to come up with it....a much larger mat than I thought. Well, she takes notice of this and gets up on her tip toes real high and runs down off the coconut and starts to rear up at the tweezers. I try to urge her to back up by touching the sides of her legs lightly with the outside surface of the tweezers but she wouldn't budge but did a liitle dance to turn herself around so she was facing out of the coconut with her back to the opening....I backed off and she backed into her home. LOL! It was so funny....she has not been out going or what I would call bold but in this instance she took charge and was adamant that the tweezers leave her webbing and coconut alone. I put my hand in the cage and she didn't care. She shows me something new everyday......its great!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
And my friends tell me I'm crazy when I tell them Ts have personalities!!!!:D Great story!

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, thats cute.
Moonbeam is still guarding her little white pebble.
It's her pet rock.....

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
My juvenile rosea has lately started attacking the water as I'm pouring it in her dish. Yesterday she attacked my paintbrush, I was using it to nudge her out of the way so I didn't spill any water on her. I actually had to use a spoon to get my paintbrush back, she just was not letting go.
My brother came in to see why I was laughing so hard. I found it hilarious, this little girl has never even flicked a hair at me and now all of a sudden she's "big bad bertha." It was just too funny.

Leanne