Rosea Climbing

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
My G.Rosea has been tryin to climb the glass and getting on the screen and ive been taking it down and stuff but itll do it again later and i was wondering if i should keep on getting it down because im scared that itll fall being its upside down and hurt itself.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i would try to solve the problem of why it is unhappy with its current habitat, rather than keep treating a symptom

how is your substrate? most rosea seem to prefer completely dry substrates.

also, could it be a mature male?

also, does it have the chance to burrow or hide?

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
the substrate is peat moss and yea its got the chance to burrow and hide and as for sex im not sure but i think its a male but this problem just started today ive had the same stuff in it for over a week now and it never had a problem before.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the substrate should be completely dry and maybe raise the substrate level higher to the top of the enclosure if it's low. also change the water dish if it's really big. they don't like moisture or humidity. :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah, the substrate should be high enough (or the ceiling low enough) that the distance from dirt to ceiling is no more than maybe 1.5x the spider's legspan.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have the same problem with my female Rosea. So i have divided the tank and put her in the one end and in the other end i will use my light to dry the dirt, and when done i switch ends. I hope it is enough to help;) The humidity is at 70% now(before at alomost 80%) and i want it down to atleast 55%

BooyaTarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got an adult female rosea and she has maybe around 6 inches from the substrate to the roof to avoid any falls or nastiness, and yeah i gave her a burrow and she took to it right away, and stays in there most of the time unless she feels like going for a wander