Rose Hair Molting Problem

Mr. Slithers

Arachnopeon
A coworker of mine told me his rose hair molted last week, but the back of the thorax didn't come off. I haven't seen it, but he said that half of it is sticking up, but the rest is still attached. He asked me because I have a few T's, but I've never had this happen. I asked if he could carefully pull it off with tweezers, but he said it seems attached well and he doesn't want to hurt it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
he can try to soften it up with warm water (if that does not help, vegetable oil sometimes does) and then take it off. he should not have to pull very hard though, it should come off relatively easy. otherwise the risk of injury is too big and he should wait for the next molt.

B

babylon5girl

The 1st tarantula I ever owned (which was also a Rose Hair) had that problem. She molted wrong the exact same way. I used water to try to get it moist enough to pull off but sadly she passed away before I had the chance, about a week after she had the bad molt. If I could do it all over agian I would use vegetable oil and gently aplly it with a paint brush. I hope your friend has better luck than I had