Roaches?

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lobster roaches (Nauphoeta cinerea). I've almost entirely phased crickets out of their diets except occasionally for variety. The roaches aren't as smelly and I know what their quality is because I raise them myself.

Last edited:

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are the lobster roaches easy to keep? I have been thinking about switching to roaches for sometime but they creep me out. I know it is all mental and I will get over it once I have some. Do lobster roaches need anything special to eat or live in?

Thanks, John

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Almost too easy! I'm now at a point where I need to divide the colony because there are more than I can feed to my spiders.

They're not so bad once you get over the idea that you're keeping cockroaches. I'm planning to buy some different exotic roaches later this year to add to my collection.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I have colonies of Lobster, Blaptica dubia, Blaberus discoidalis , and Madagascar hissing roaches all for the dining pleasures of my tarantulas :D

Hopefully soon to add some Blaberus craniifer and Panchlora nivea soon... I've got to agree that crickets are nasty and smelly. And tarantulas and Ts have been around for millions and millions of years so they are naturals when it comes to diet