Roach Questions

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This type of water setup is completely not necessary for B. dubia. Water gel or simply pouring a little water on the substrate occasionally is more than fine.

If they are fed properly they should not require so much additional water.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D {D {D
Our roaches enjoy the best of everything....{D {D {D They are truly spoiled and geared for uber production.
Yes ~ the babies get to the water just fine. The water dishes are textured so they can climb in and out easily.
We produce for size and quantity; and have been doing it for many years.
We prefer not to require that our roaches get their water from their food, but rather on an as-needed basis. We also don't use substrate. It would be a very bad idea with the thousands upon thousands that we raise. Cleanliness is an issue with those kinds of numbers. :)

Tuwin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I changed to a water set up. It's in a textured water dish with rocks in it. They seem to be doing fine so far.

OldHag was nice enough to send me more roahces which should be here in a few days. I still have about 20 to 30 from the original batch which seem to be doing fine now...no more die offs.

The seller has read this thread and said he would issue me a refund. He assured me that he ships them all the time and has never had a problem so maybe it was a one off thing but those roaches were definitely sick and beaten up pretty bad due to poor shipping.

All is well now.