Old Timer
Got a couple new spiders today:

Poecilotheria metallica female

Poecilotheria regalis female

Poecilotheria subfusca female

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Poecilotheria subfusca is my absolute favorite tarantula species, and has been for a long time. I'm very lucky to have been able to pick up a pair recently! :biggrin:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I love how P. regalis is one of the more affordable pokies, but is also one of the most striking! They're so awesome looking!

TLover007

Arachnosquire
I love how P. regalis is one of the more affordable pokies, but is also one of the most striking! They're so awesome looking!
I totally agree with that... I remember the first time I bought my first P regalis... got it for 200Rand at a local petshop here in Johannesburg a few years ago... I couldnt believe it... I was very new in the hobby and only seen pics of this amazing P regalis and here I can buy one for myself!

Im crazy... and I Love Ts!!!!

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 03:14 PM ----------

Oh and amazing pics Rick!!

Im crazy... and I Love Ts!!!!

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, TLover007!

I got a couple new spiders today, here's one of them.

Psalmopoeus cambridgei

awiec

Arachnoprince
I wonder how old your P.metallica is? I know some people don't like them when they are not as colorful when they are older but I like the dark blackish color with some blue highlights here and there.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wonder how old your P.metallica is? I know some people don't like them when they are not as colorful when they are older but I like the dark blackish color with some blue highlights here and there.
From what I was told, she's 3 or so. Without flash, she looks almost black. With flash on, and in the right light, she is still quite blue. Her last molt was last May, so she's due for another molt soon. Blue or not, she's a gorgeous spider.