Rhyparobia maderae(madeiran cockroach)

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's some pics of the beutiful madeirans Olivia at bugchick.com sent me...

Does anyone else have these? Or maybe even the gold version? Pics and discussion are great:)

-Eric

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The wings seem iridescent under the light, like a rainbow you see while watering your yard, cool. :)

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They have more of a bronze like sheen in real life, but good observation. Do you own any roaches?

-Eric

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Eric!

I got a small colony some months ago, but unfortunately, most died in transit, and I started with 4 live ones, of which 2 died after a day! So, I have two males, but yeah, they are fun, so I've ordered a lot more.

Hold thumbs for delivery! {D

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Eric!

I got a small colony some months ago, but unfortunately, most died in transit, and I started with 4 live ones, of which 2 died after a day! So, I have two males, but yeah, they are fun, so I've ordered a lot more.

Hold thumbs for delivery! {D

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, they are pretty cool(And i got them as a freebie!). I just can't believe how fast they are, they are like engines with legs, it's crazy, and then they hiss/sqweek too:p Does anyone know how fast they breed?

-Eric

P.S. So you live in South Africa pinkfoot? Awesome, maybe that's why the don't make it, such a far off place:)

PeriplanetaAmer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nices ones! I have R. maderae "Gold" and they are very beautiful too. Next week I´ll post pics of them.:)

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, i saw those, but i think i'll stick with these:p

-Eric